Testing Procedures for Students
Please note that all campus Test Centres will close at 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 28, 2018.
By adapting a Student First philosophy at the Test Centre, we hope to provide an environment that fulfills the needs of all Seneca students while maintaining our high academic standards. Seneca Test Centres will provide testing and examination accommodations for students permitted to write tests during the semester, including registered students with accommodations.
The Test Centre operates under a first-come, first-serve policy. This policy includes full-time, part-time, correspondence, online and accommodated students. Due to the volume of students that the Test Centre services, we can only reserve seating for students with scribes or who require the use of specific assistive technologies.
It is recommended that students with accommodations who require the use of specialized computer software or services such as a scribe or reader make all necessary arrangements beforehand with Counselling and Accessibility Services.
- Students will be asked to provide identification in the form of a Seneca OneCard or government-issued photo identification (provincial health cards are not accepted).
- Students with accommodations are responsible for informing faculty of their intention to write in the Test Centre for each test/exam.
- Students should arrive to the Test Centre in time to register and complete the test/exam before the Test Centre’s closing time.
- If a specific time of day is indicated on the Request to Test Form, students who arrive late will not be allowed to commence testing without providing the Test Centre with the faculty member’s written permission.
- Students are discouraged from bringing their valuables and personal electronics (cell phones, tablets, USB flash drive, laptops, etc.) to the Test Centre. Students will be asked to place all valuables and personal electronics (turned OFF) into a 30cm X 30cm sized plastic bag which will rest under the student’s desk during the duration of the test/exam. Coats, purses, backpacks, and other personal belongings are not permitted in the testing room.
- Wrist watches are not permitted to be worn in the testing room
- No food or beverages are permitted in the testing room; however, students may bring in a bottle of water that is transparent and without a label.
- Students are permitted bathroom breaks during the test/exam. These breaks will be recorded and submitted to the professor.