Scholarships and Bursaries
The application for Seneca scholarships, awards and bursaries is now closed. The application for the Tuition Assistance Bursary will open again in the winter term for those students who missed the fall deadline.
- One (1) entrance scholarship to cover all tuition costs to study one of the following media programs at Seneca:
- Broadcasting – Radio
- Broadcasting – Television
- Documentary and Non-Fiction Media Production
- Journalism o Photography
- Pre-Media (Media and Communications Fundamentals)
- Eligible to students in Canada who identify as Indigenous (First Nations, Métis or Inuit).
- The student must be entering their studies at Seneca.
- Deadline to apply: Tuesday, December 4, 2018
How to Apply To apply for the JHR & Secena Emerging Indigenous Reporter Scholarship Fund, please submit the following:
- a letter of intent (1 to 2 pages in length) outlining who you are, where you are from, what you are planning to study, why you are studying media and what your career goals are;
- a copy of your resume; with at least two reference letters;
- a copy of your most recent transcript;
- proof of enrollment (you may include an acceptance letter)
- And, up to two samples of any media related work you would like to share. This work is considered an asset to your application and is not mandatory to be considered. The scholarship funds will be deposited into the student’s account 10 days after the semester begins.
Deadline: Tuesday, December 4, 2018
Send application package via email to: [email protected]
Please check back for more information about the First Generation Bursary, Indigenous Student Bursary and the Metis Nation of Ontario Bursary.
The date for Leadership Awards has not been set. Please check back in the winter term.
Students in Academic Upgrading who were not able to complete the application can download an application and bring it to the Seneca Financial Aid Office by December 14, 2018 to the attention of Amanda Barnes.
How to Apply
For all awards
- Go to (log in required)
- Go to College Services, click on Student Centre (log in required)
- Go to Finances, Click on Apply for Financial Aid
- Select Academic Year: 2018
- Fill out all required information
- Select terms of study (FALL and/or WINTER and/or SUMMER) complete the budget.
- Click Submit – Please note once you click submit you cannot make changes. Please ensure you have your budget information before you start this section.
- Select awards from the list of Eligible Awards
- A number of questions will appear, these are linked to the awards you have selected. If the question is not applicable to you please type N/A or unselect the award. There is a 500 character limit (not word limit) on the questions. You can copy the questions and come back to the application when you are ready, as long as it is before the application deadline. If you wish you can write the answers in a word document then copy and paste them onto the application. This will help ensure you have the right number of characters and will enable you to check your grammar and spelling.
- Click Submit when you have answered all the questions. Please note once you click submit you cannot make any changes.
- Track the status of your application under the View My Student Awards (link is found below Apply for Financial Aid)