Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Analyze and resolve information technology problems through the application of systematic approaches and diagnostic tools.
- Analyze, plan, design, and implement computer systems.
- Analyze, plan, design, and implement networking solutions.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, monitor, maintain, upgrade, and optimize computer systems.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, monitor, maintain, upgrade, and optimize networks.
- Use a variety of scripting tools and languages to automate routine tasks.
- Participate in the deployment and administration of databases within a networked environment.
- Plan, develop, and be responsible for data storage to ensure the integrity of information.
- Apply knowledge of security issues to the implementation of information technology solutions.
- Appraise existing security solutions with a view to on-going maintenance, development, and improvement of organizational security.
- Provide efficient and effective technical support to clients in a manner that promotes safe computing practices and reduces the risk of the issue recurring.
- Articulate, defend, and conform to workplace expectations found in information technology (IT) environments.
- Contribute to the successful completion of the project applying the project management principles in use.