Campus Access Procedures
Seneca reserves the right to restrict or prohibit access to its property and to prohibit activities on campus in order to maintain a safe and healthy work and learning environment, preserve access to campus services and avoid disruptions or potential disruptions during class and exam times. Prior to being on campus, vendors and other agencies/organizations must obtain written permission from Seneca Events or the Seneca Student Federation (when access is requested to Federation-controlled areas of the institution). All collateral (posters, handouts, audio, video, etc.) to be used/distributed by a vendor, agency or organization while at Seneca must be submitted to Seneca for approval prior to arrival on campus.
To ensure the safety of all and continued orderly operations at Seneca:
- Prior to arrival on campus, those seeking access will, in conjunction with and under the direction of designated Seneca personnel, agree to their allotted placement on campus, date of visit(s) and the time(s) they will be present.
- Unless otherwise previously agreed to, access to the campus will be limited to areas of general public use as defined by Seneca, excluding offices, secure areas, classrooms, labs, auditoriums, residences, cafeterias and areas designated for quiet study or required for the preservation of Seneca operations and the safety of those on campus.
These areas/conditions will vary by campus and may change, be limited or cancelled without prior notice as a result of Seneca activities and such happenings as environmental or facilities issues (such as weather events, power outages) at the campus.
- While these provisions are meant to support freedom of expression on campus, Seneca does not condone or allow messages of violence, intimidation, hate or threats. Such activity will result in removal from the campus.
- Seneca, at its discretion, will communicate in advance details of visits with students and employees as a matter of general information.
- Campus Security is authorized to enforce Seneca policies and procedures. Failure to follow instructions from Campus Security may result in a notice of trespass, arrest and/or prosecution.
Hours of access
A few heavily-used campus entrances will remain open at all times, including overnight. Other campuses may close at the end of the business day, or in the early evening, at the discretion of Campus Security and/or the Campus Principal.
From 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. each day, Campus Security can ask students, faculty and staff to provide photo identification (OneCard) as proof of their affiliation with Seneca.
Guests must be check in with Campus Security for after hours access.
Activities prohibited at all times—all campuses:
- Unauthorized food vendors (e.g., carts pushed onto campus)
- Unauthorized merchandise vendors
- Unauthorized promotion of products or sharing/gathering of information
- Unauthorized sales of books or other items on campus property without authorization
Anyone witnessing any unauthorized activity, should immediately email Campus Security or phone 416.491.5050 ext. 22565.