Skip to main content

Seneca students

International Students Using an Agent

Tips to look for when choosing an ‘Educational Agent’

It is the student's decision whether or not to use an educational agent. No educational agent has special access to our programs and services and no one can guarantee your admission to Seneca nor guarantee you a study permit. Seneca cannot monitor the business practices of independent educational agencies, so using an agency is the sole responsibility of the student and his/her family.

  • Talk to your friends and family currently living in Canada.
  • Ask a potential agent to see their valid Seneca College Agency Certificate and/or Agreement.
  • Discuss what services they provide and the fees for each and every service. Get this information in writing.
  • Be careful of anything that sounds too good to be true. You can always write to Seneca and ask us.
  • Do not leave original academic documents, passport or tuition fee payments with the educational agent.
  • Tuition fee payments are always made payable to ‘Seneca College’ – never to the agent.
  • You own the original 'Letter of Acceptance' to Seneca. Your agent must give you this original document.

If you are using an agent

You must complete and submit a Student Information Release Form. This must be submitted with your application to Seneca College. This release form will allow Seneca to communicate with your chosen agent.

If you change your agent

you must complete and submit the International Student Application Cancellation Form and send it to Seneca College. Keep in mind that you will be cancelling your application and any progress made. You will have to reapply again with your new agency (including documentation, program(s) selection and payment of a new application fee - $65.00 CAD).

PLEASE NOTE: Cancellation Forms and agent changes are NOT PERMITTED once a letter of acceptance has been issued to an applicant.

  • Contact Us

    If you have any concerns about any educational agents, please email us.