Ontario Apprenticeship Testing
Seneca College Test Centres accept payment by debit, Visa, and MasterCard; students using these forms of payment must use a card issued in their own name.
Apprenticeship Exemption Test
Seneca is authorized by the Apprenticeship Branch of the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities to administer trade exemption testing for apprentices and non-apprentices.
Dependent on job experience as well as level of expertise, apprentices may challenge the in-school component of the various apprenticeship levels found within their trade-specific apprenticeship program.
Upon successfully completing a trade exemption test, apprentices may be exempted from some or all of an apprenticeship’s formal instruction requirements.
- Eligible applicants must possess all the entry-level requirements for the trade they wish to obtain exemption. Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program participants may also write Apprenticeship Exemption Tests
- Exemption tests must be written in sequential order and without any omissions
- Successful completion of an Apprenticeship Exemption Tests require a grade of 70% or higher
- After successfully completing an Apprenticeship Exemption Test, students have two years to become a registered apprentice
- If a student has not obtained a grade of 70% or higher they must wait three months before being permitted to re-write the exemption test
- Most exemption tests take three hours to complete
- Minimum age to write an exemption test is 16
Apprenticeship Exemption tests can be written, during office hours, at any of the four Seneca Test Centres.
A cost of $150 will be charged for all Apprenticeship Exemption Tests and each subsequent attempt to re-write.
To arrange an Apprenticeship Exemption Test, select the most convenient Test Centre Location and e-mail us.